Saturday, August 05, 2006

Who Killed Cindy James?

I've spent the last two years trying to figure out what happened to my sister, Cindy James. She endured seven years of attacks and harassment from an unknown assailant before her tied-up body was discovered beside an abandoned house. I was devastated and confused, unable to understand what had happened to her, and just wanted her back (if only for a few minutes, I pleaded to the universe) But I found myself pulled along an incredible journey. Not only a journey of healing, but a quest for the truth in what happened to her. I was shocked when I uncovered secrets and hidden papers - information nobody had - and her story was examined at the longest and most expensive inquest in British Columbia history! So I decided to write a book and tell her tragic, true story, just like she wanted me to. You see, I had a dream...well that's another blog. So I'm sharing with you what I learned along the way - what Cindy wants you to know about her life and death - what she wants you to know about your life too - what society NEEDS to know!

Melanie Hack

Author of Who Killed My Sister, My Friend -
The unsolved mystery of the death of Cindy James

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're all with you on this one Melanie. I've read the two "Cindy" books that are out. We all want to know what happened, how, why and most importantly could it not have been prevented somehow. We all want to learn from this...perhaps someone else might be saved directly from learning about what happened to Cindy. Finding out may grant us a small peep into the human psyche and frailty of the mind, from either a standpoint of the relentless stalker or that of a young woman in need. Cindy has left us a puzzle to solve where we stand a chance to better ourselves and understand each other.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melanie, I remember reading this story and following it in the paper. I still cannot believe that the police thought that she could terrorize herself like that.

I know what it is like to go through that kind of terror. Even 17 yrs later I still look over my shoulder and try to stay out of the limelight with the press. I don't want my stalker to find me and to be able to harass me and my new family.

I wish you well and I hope that you are able to find out the truth behind Cindy's death.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home